Pump House46 Market Street
See more about this pub on WhatPub, CAMRA's national pub guide.
Historic pub in the Lanes area and part of the Nicholsons chain. A board in the bar reveals the building was bought by a Miss Elliot in 1766 and was first recorded as a pub in 1776. The name derives from an old timber pier with pump house used to pump seawater ashore for bathing in the 18th century. Three guest beers are drawn from a seasonal selection of about 30. Cider is Westons Old Rosie. Separate restaurant/function room upstairs.